Technology designed to enhance our efficiency is actually curbing our productivity. Information overload is constant. Distractions are the norm, especially for workers in open-office environments. We are at the mercy of emails, text alerts, and so-called "self-service" service platforms that put the onus on us to figure out everything from flight delays to tracking overnight packages.
The trick is controlling the technology, rather than letting it control you. Here are the ways to take command of time, your most precious resource:
- Taming the email backlog.
- Tapping into time-saving apps.
- Resisting the urge to multi-task.
- Standing up for shorter meetings.
- Finding your cyber-loafing cure.
- Achieving your work/life balance.
Check out the tips for accomplishing these tasks in the complete article.