A Message from Elizabeth Halkos, Purchasing Power’s Chief Revenue Officer
Where has the year gone? The holidays already are upon us but before we get to the gift-giving and holiday celebrations, it’s a good time to reflect on the last 12 months.
The numbers are impressive! The number of orders in 2015 increased 24 percent over 2014. More orders mean that more employees/members have used our disciplined budgeting plan to acquire products and services. Without our purchase program they either wouldn’t have been able to obtain those items or they would have had to use alternative financing solutions which can be extremely costly options, leaving them more financially strapped.
Here’s Purchasing Power’s numbers overview at year-end:
- We have more than 260 clients with 7.8 million employees/members who have access for our program;
- We continue to maintain a great retention rate of 95 percent;
- More than 1.35 million orders have been processed; and
- Our catalog contains 26,000 products from 13,000+ brands, the most robust selection in the industry from which your employees/members can choose.
What were the top 10 product categories in 2015? Here’s the list:
- Living Room
- Washer & Dryers
But it’s more than the numbers that make our year a winning one for you and your employees/members. We also:
- Launched an automotive services category;
- Developed a new self-serve returns process; and
- Initiated a new, improved, holistic financial wellness platform designed to drive positive change, moving beyond education to engaging employees/members and providing free resources to make behavioral improvements.
We’re not in business to win awards, but when a company does, it’s because they are doing good work for their customers. This year, Purchasing Power was:
- Honored as the Non-Traditional Voluntary Benefits Solutions Provider of the Year by the Employer Healthcare & Benefits Conference;
- Received the Innovation Award from Atlanta Technology Professionals (ATP) recognizing innovative excellence and a commitment to leveraging leading communication technologies to transform business;
- Listed among the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America for the eighth consecutive year;
- Named a Bronze Stevie® Award Winner in the Consumer Products & Retail Website category by the 13th Annual American Business Awards; and
- Ranked #124 in the Internet Retailer Annual Top 500 Guide and #156 in the Internet Retailer Mobile 500 for 2016.
2015 was a record year for Purchasing Power, reflecting our continued focus on service and meeting customer needs by providing a voluntary benefit solution that improves financial wellness for your employees/members. As the industry leader, we are fiercely committed to the benefits industry, and to continuously earning and keeping the trust of our clients and customers.
One last thought as the year draws to an end. Be sure to take some time out of the holiday bustle for yourself. Relax and catch your breath. Enjoy where you are in your life and who you are with, even if it is only for a few moments. Here’s wishing you a Happy Holiday!